Precautions to take while using Cell Phones
Mobile / Cell phones have really changed the way of communications.
As of today it is not possible to stop using cell phone but we have to avoid using this in certain areas or else you will face problems in future.
Cell phones communicate using signals in the microwave spectrum. Experts already announced that cell phone can possibly cause cancer. There is also potential to impact memory functions and dizziness.
Here few areas where you have to avoid/restrict using cell phones:
- Do not allow children to use a cell phone. The developing organs of child are sensitive which will effect due to radiation exposure.
- Try to keep cell phone away from your body while communicating. It’s better to use speaker or wired headset to lower phone radiation exposure to the brain.
- Avoid using cell phone in public areas. It helps to limit Radiation exposure to others.
- Avoid carrying on your body all time. Do not keep cell phone near to your body at night time such as under the pillow or on a bedside table, particularly if pregnant. You can also put it on “flight” mode, which stops EMF radiation.
- Don’t keep your cell phone in your pocket which will significantly increase exposure to EMF radiation. Start carrying your cell phones in hand bag / back pack.
- Avoid using while signal weak or moving high speed. During weak signals cell phones will attempt to connect new antenna resulting high radiation exposure.
- Please avoid answering phone calls while charging. It is dangerous due to increased radiation and potential explosion. Always use original chargers for your Cell Phones.
- Keep conversations short. Make your voice conversations short to reduce cell phone radiation exposure.
- Choose device with lowest SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). The guidelines created a measure of the rate that body tissue absorbs radiation during cell phone use called the specific absorption rate (SAR). The SAR for cell phone radiation was set at a maximum of 1.6 watts of energy absorbed per kilogram of body weight. The limit was set due to the thermal effects of cell phone radiation (all RF radiation can heat human body tissue at high enough levels) – it was not set to mitigate other biological effects cell phone radiation might have such as DNA damage or cancer.
You can check Radiation level in terms of SAR of your smartphone by dialing a USSD code*#07#, if results shows SAR below 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg) then it is OK otherwise you are advised to change your smartphone immediately.